Can you tell if a cat will be friendly, aggressive or laid-back simply by taking a quick look at its color? That question has perplexed cat owners and scientists alike for years. Although it's pos ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Unlike human dental cleanings,we have to put our patients (pets) under general anesthesia to thoroughly examine, clean and polish, and treat the painful teeth as necessary.
A proper dental cleaning at Walton County Animal Clinic requires the following:
● Preanesthetic Examination
● Blood Sample Collection
● Preanesthetic Blood Screen
● Preanesthetic Organ Screen
● Anesthetic Induction
● General Gas Anesthesia
● Anesthetic Monitoring
● Dental Ultrasonic Scaling & Cleaning
● Dental Examination By Dr. Blackwood
● Dental X-rays (if needed)
● Dental Treatment (if needed)
● Teeth Polishing and Fluoride Treatment
● Antibiotics & Pain Medication (if needed)
● Anesthesia Recovery Monitoring
● Dispense Antibiotics (if needed)
● Discharge Instructions
As you can see, we care about your pet's health and dental health. We want to help you care for your companion.
Keeping your pet's mouth healthy will help you keep your pet free from mouth infections and PAIN!!